Sunday, March 14, 2010

Co. Dance

I love this time of year! I was able to work Co. Dance again this year in Greenville, SC. It is a dance convention and the staff/dance faculty is amazing. Every year for the past 4 or so years, I've been able to work it and every year I come back inspired.

It runs Friday-Sunday and it's filled with dance company competitions, showcases, faculty classes for students and teachers, meetings, an audition, etc. I come to work and just help the faculty/staff run the event.

This year, was filled with adventures and great times. A couple of the faculty this year was Barry Youngbloog (amazing hip hop instructor), Greg Russell (tapping extraordinaire) and Lauren Gottlieb (fantastic contemporary dancer/instructor, also from SYTYCD). I had worked around Barry and Greg before but just met Lauren. She was awesome and really cool to be around.

There was this sushi place that was amazing, we ate there twice. One night, Ashley (my friend working the convention with me) and I ran into Barry and Greg at the restaurant. They asked what we were doing and that we should hang out. We end up going back and hanging out with them and Lauren (who came after her master class that night) and ended up in the Blue Martini, a dance club and bar. It was right next door to the sushi place, in the basement of this pub. It was apparently the place to be. It got packed! It was fun dancing and seeing the faculty in a different element.

Ashley is on the far right and I'm next to Barry. Lauren and Greg aren't in this picture.


We were exhausted the next day, but it was worth it. I loved taking dance class all weekend and helping with everything. I look forward to it every year!

No comments: