Friday, March 14, 2008

Timing's everything

I’m sitting here relaxing on my amazing couch and feeling grateful that it’s Friday, the last working day of the week. I try to take advance of moments where I don’t have something going on because these moments can be very few and far between. Tom has been downstairs in the basement re-recording some songs he wrote a while back. He just started working on a song he wrote for me while we were dating and has been laying down new guitar and drum tracks. It’s called “Ready.” When I hear that song, it brings back such memories and at times makes me want to cry. I can feel his love and his heart seeping out of that song. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing man, husband and best friend in my life. He is so amazingly talented. That is one of the first things that attracted us to each other. He played the piano for me while I sang at a YSA Conference. That’s what initially brought us together: music. It will forever be a part of our lives. The song is all about timing. The first couple words of the song are “Timing’s everything…” When I think about that…timing…it truly humbles me. I have learned many lessons over the past couple years and most of them have involved timing. I have to remind myself that my timing is not always the Lord’s timing. He knows what and when things are going to happen before we do. For those that really know me, you know that I am a serious planner. With all of the responsibilities and obligations that I have in my life, if I didn’t plan…I would be living in a mess with absolutely no organization whatsoever. I would never be able to get anything done. With that said I sometimes have things planned to the hour, even minute to fit everything in that needs to happen, that I want to do or that I want to happen. So when things don’t fit in my “plan” it can throw me off. I am learning to trust in the Lord with all of my heart, might, mind and strength because he knows me better than I know myself. He knows what I need, what I want and the every yearning of my heart. I feel so blessed for what I have in my life and I trust in the Lord that things will happen the way they are meant to happen.

5 comments:

pomai♥stephen said...

i love this blog! it's so true! thank you for being such a great example to me! oh, and i had so much fun last night at your party!!! check my blog out for some pictures!

Jamiee said...

Hey Vera! How are you? I have not seen you and Tom in forever, we all need to have another fight night at Megan and Shane's. I love your blog by the way, talk to you soon :)

Jamie said...

you are so right! i miss you girl, we haven't talked forever. we need to go to ABC for a belated birthday lunch. i want to see pics from your 25th b-day bash!

sainsburys said...

vera, it was so fun to hang out on Saturday. I was totally impressed when I heard Tom's song!!!! You guys are awesome.

sainsburys said...

Vera hope you had a happy Easter. We sure did. We updated our blog you will have to check it out. Have a great week.