Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Atlanta Dream Shooting Star

I decided to audition for the WNBA Atlanta Dream Shooting Stars Cheer Team. I have missed performing for a crowd and wanted an opportunity to dance on a professional team. The Dream plays in Philips Arena and basically has a summer season. It runs April- August/Sept so it wouldn't conflict with my commitment to KSU Dance Team.

I went to a prep clinic and Q&A session one night to decide if I liked their style and it was something I wanted to do. I decided so. So, on April 18th I auditioned. I made it through prelims and semi's and made it to finals! With each cut came new choreography.

The following week consisted of Monday the 19th- interview, boot camp and choreography; Tuesday the 20th- boot camp and choreography, Wed the 21st- final audition. And I am proud and excited to say that I made the team! It was a great feeling to prepare, go through the process and make it. I haven't been on a team in 5 years. Tom came to support me as well as a couple of my dancers from KSU (they surprised me). My dancers came stocked with signs and were definitely loud. I really appreciated the support on my behalf.



Here is the first team picture after we all made the team. My old coach from KSU, Sandra, made it back on the team. We were even in the same audition pair for the routine! That in itself was awesome.


So now, I'll be dancing at all of the WNBA Atlanta Dream basketball games in Philips Arena. Looking forward to the experience. Come to the games!

No comments: